[rancid] Rancid configuration - switches The following routers have not been successfully contacted for more than 24 hours.

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Aug 31 19:58:51 UTC 2023

Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 02:52:43PM +0530, Anwar Durrani:
> Hi Ugo,
>
> Earlier My config file  /etc/rancid/rancid.type.base looks like

If you wish to alter a rancid device type, you should create your own name
that does not conflict with one in rancid.types.base, and place it in
rancid.types.conf.  rancid.types.base will be overwritten during the next
upgrade.

That is very odd.  Needing to remove the group directory to restore
collections implies that something is conflicting with the rancid
processes.  Without seeing the contents of your log file, possibly
two rancid-run processes running at the same time because the lock
file has been removed or some other process is altering the group
directory.

you should share the entire contents of the group's log file.