[rancid] Support for Coriant Groove - has been discussed on-list before

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Thu Jan 5 13:56:34 UTC 2023

Curious if anyone out there has existing code to share for Coriant Groove
w/ RANCID.

This was discussed in the past and it appears to be working, but code
wasn't shared:

https://shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2018-January/010026.html

I agree generally with the commands listed in that thread as a starting
point. I should note that `clogin` works fine, the only gotcha appears to
be that if you `exit` you get an `are you sure` prompt:

======================
me at o-g30-lab-1> exit
Are you sure?  [y/n] y
Shutting down the session

Connection closed
======================

As noted in that thread, `exit -f` omits the prompt. I attempted to do a
simple fake-add of device using clogin by putting this in
rancid.types.base, but it's hung up on that part. Any way to force this,
from rancid.types.base, to send `exit -f` instead of `exit`?

If this truly requires a new actual module, what's current best practice
here - ie which is a good go-to module to copy as a base? Also, the first
command (show shelf) should probably have 'comments' prepending it, like #
or ! or something. unsure how that's accomplished

coriant;script;rancid -t coriant
coriant;login;clogin
coriant;module;ios
coriant;inloop;ios::inloop
coriant;command;ios::ShowVersion;show shelf
coriant;command;ios::WriteTerm;show config | display commands
coriant;command;ios::WriteTerm;exit -f

Thoughts?
--Chris