[rancid] Upgrading Rancid

Chuck Anderson cra at fea.st
Tue Oct 31 10:45:23 UTC 2023

What operating system are you running?  Some of them come with rancid pre-packaged and you can just install it.  If your existing install is located in /usr/local, the package will generally not overwrite it.  If you have existing /etc/rancid* files, you should save them first before installing the package, just in case.

Debian/Ubuntu:

apt install rancid

Fedora/EPEL (RHEL, CentOS, Rocky, etc.):

dnf install rancid

Others:

https://repology.org/project/rancid/versions